Fairoak Housing Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 2018.
We may collect the following information
- name and address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to applications for properties
- other information regarding enquiries about the services we provide
- other information regarding an application to work or volunteer for us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To consider your application for housing
- To consider your application for employment or to undertake voluntary information
- To consider your application to register on our approved contractor database
- To respond to your enquiry regarding the services we provide
- To respond to your enquiry regarding any service you provide which you think may be of interest to us
- To respond to your enquiry regarding leasing your property to us
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If requested by you, we may periodically send you information about our properties and services using the email address you provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Fairoak Housing Association will not share the personal information you provide us with via this website with anyone else unless you have given us your written permission, or we are required by law, to do so.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address:
Fairoak Housing Association, 155 Highgate, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4EN
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove the personal information that we hold about you at any time. We will only retain your personal information for as long as you give us permission to do so or in accordance with our data retention policy.
If you wish to complain about the way that Fairoak Housing Association has handled your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk.
How to contact us